- 55th European Sharpie Championship at Itchenor Sailing Club. 18-24thAugust 2019. Report by James Case. Record breaking fifth European Sharpie Championship …Read More »
- We have two sharpie weekends in a row from next weekend: Brancaster Staithe Sharpie Open Meeting – Lester Southerland Tiller …Read More »
- We are delighted to report that Itchenor Sailing Club have helped us secure a great camping area near to the …Read More »
- The 2019 sharpie european championship website is now live. Please visit http://www.itchenorsc.co.uk/sharpie_eurocup_2019/sharpie_welcome.html for details of the event. Registration and entry is now …Read More »
- Minutes of BSOA AGM held at BSSC on 16thJune 2018 Present: Martin Read, Chris Gibbs, Will Gibbs, Rob Wynne, Chris …Read More »
- Chuckles has last laugh in Sharpie end of season sail Chuckles (GBR 63), expertly handled by a new combination of …Read More »
Welcome to the website of the British Sharpie Owners Association. The International 12 Square Metre Sharpie is a classic 2 man racing dinghy, first built and designed in 1931. The class association is a combination of current and past sharpie sailors who share a passion for this fabulous boat and are committed to preserving and racing the class. There is an active open meeting circuit with fleets in North Norfolk, the South coast and also at Grafham Water. There is also an annual regatta for the European Championship trophy which is organised and sailed in rotation between England, Holland, Germany and Portugal. Further afield there are fleets in Brazil and Australia.
Please take the time to look round our site. If you have any comments or information to share we would love to hear from you.