- Several sailors itching for some European competition following the cancelled German event a month earlier made their way to join …Read More »
- 18 – 24 August 2019. Itchenor SC, UK. Sunday: Registration, measurement and free practice Monday – Friday: Racing Friday evening: …Read More »
- We were treated to champagne sailing at Brancaster Staithe SC for the Lester Southerland open meeting with hot sun, smooth …Read More »
- Message from Uwe regarding the European Championship 2018 in Germany: Cancellation of European Sharpie Championship 2018 Dear Sharpie sailors …Read More »
- WILL GIBBS RETAINS HIS BRITISH TITLE 22 crews competed in the championships set in the North Sea off Brancaster …Read More »
- Latest news from BSSC on this weekend’s British Championship is as follows (Note: some times are different to those previously …Read More »
Welcome to the website of the British Sharpie Owners Association. The International 12 Square Metre Sharpie is a classic 2 man racing dinghy, first built and designed in 1931. The class association is a combination of current and past sharpie sailors who share a passion for this fabulous boat and are committed to preserving and racing the class. There is an active open meeting circuit with fleets in North Norfolk, the South coast and also at Grafham Water. There is also an annual regatta for the European Championship trophy which is organised and sailed in rotation between England, Holland, Germany and Portugal. Further afield there are fleets in Brazil and Australia.
Please take the time to look round our site. If you have any comments or information to share we would love to hear from you.