- A dozen sharpies enjoyed a great weekend racing at Brancaster Staithe SC in April competing for the “Lester Southerland Tiller”, …Read More »
- The British Championship 2020, due to be held at Brancaster Staithe SC from 14 – 16 May has been postponed …Read More »
- It is with great sadness that we learned of the passing away of Gary Anthony of Wells-next-the-Sea on 24th March …Read More »
- Provisional dates for the 2021 Sharpie open meetings have been confirmed and published. All fixtures are subject to restrictions on …Read More »
- A new list has been added to the website showing all winners of the British Championship trophy. See link under …Read More »
- Sadly, after a great deal of preparation from Brancaster Staithe SC, the one and only British sharpie open meeting for …Read More »
Welcome to the website of the British Sharpie Owners Association. The International 12 Square Metre Sharpie is a classic 2 man racing dinghy, first built and designed in 1931. The class association is a combination of current and past sharpie sailors who share a passion for this fabulous boat and are committed to preserving and racing the class. There is an active open meeting circuit with fleets in North Norfolk, the South coast and also at Grafham Water. There is also an annual regatta for the European Championship trophy which is organised and sailed in rotation between England, Holland, Germany and Portugal. Further afield there are fleets in Brazil and Australia.
Please take the time to look round our site. If you have any comments or information to share we would love to hear from you.