- Latest news from BSSC on this weekend’s British Championship is as follows (Note: some times are different to those previously …Read More »
- We thought that we would not see lighter conditions than at Overy Staithe a couple of weeks ago, but Wells …Read More »
- Concentration was the name of the game at the first Sharpie Open event of 2018, with light, shifting winds and …Read More »
- Information about the Overy Open meeting now available. Click here for details: Overy Staithe Sailing Club Sharpie Open meeting 2018Read More »
- Notice of Race now available for the British Championship which is being held from 16 – 18 June at Brancaster …Read More »
- The vintage olympic games is being held in Stockholm in September and will include races for the 12 sq metre …Read More »
July 21 @ 1:00 pm - July 22 @ 2:00 pm
August 5 @ 8:00 am - August 10 @ 5:00 pm
September 7 @ 1:00 pm - September 9 @ 4:00 pm
September 16 @ 8:00 am - September 22 @ 5:00 pm
September 29 @ 9:00 am - September 30 @ 10:00 am
Welcome to the website of the British Sharpie Owners Association. The International 12 Square Metre Sharpie is a classic 2 man racing dinghy, first built and designed in 1931. The class association is a combination of current and past sharpie sailors who share a passion for this fabulous boat and are committed to preserving and racing the class. There is an active open meeting circuit with fleets in North Norfolk, the South coast and also at Grafham Water. There is also an annual regatta for the European Championship trophy which is organised and sailed in rotation between England, Holland, Germany and Portugal. Further afield there are fleets in Brazil and Australia.
Please take the time to look round our site. If you have any comments or information to share we would love to hear from you.