- Remember the good old days when we could go for a sail? That long thin pointy box in your garden …Read More »
- We have heard from the Portuguese Sharpie Association that the 202 European Championship will be held in Tavira from 26th …Read More »
- The European Sharpie Championship 2020 will be hosted by The Sharpie Club (Portugal), Costa Nova. Dates are confirmed as 26th …Read More »
- 55th European Sharpie Championship at Itchenor Sailing Club. 18-24thAugust 2019. Report by James Case. Record breaking fifth European Sharpie Championship …Read More »
- We have two sharpie weekends in a row from next weekend: Brancaster Staithe Sharpie Open Meeting – Lester Southerland Tiller …Read More »
- We are delighted to report that Itchenor Sailing Club have helped us secure a great camping area near to the …Read More »
Welcome to the website of the British Sharpie Owners Association. The International 12 Square Metre Sharpie is a classic 2 man racing dinghy, first built and designed in 1931. The class association is a combination of current and past sharpie sailors who share a passion for this fabulous boat and are committed to preserving and racing the class. There is an active open meeting circuit with fleets in North Norfolk, the South coast and also at Grafham Water. There is also an annual regatta for the European Championship trophy which is organised and sailed in rotation between England, Holland, Germany and Portugal. Further afield there are fleets in Brazil and Australia.
Please take the time to look round our site. If you have any comments or information to share we would love to hear from you.